Donations To Cynthia Noonan Trust Update

A fund has been established on Cynthia's behalf to receive and manage all monies to be specifically designated for Cynthia's long term care and rehabilitation.
If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, please call 800-642-8399 or make a donation online by clicking HERE. This is available through an organization call HelpHopeLive (http://www.helphopelive.org)



Saturday, December 31, 2016

What a Year Brings

sunset on crater
The long,chilly nights of December invite the time to reflect. I always enjoy collecting the letters and emails of friends and family recollecting what the year has brought them. Of course, before social media, this was usually the only way to find out what was going on in others lives. I appreciate those that take the time to connect personally. So  I am-here we are-ending 2016. I am not going to touch on the turmoil felt over the world, politically speaking, though I will reiterate one idea I have heard,  that I feel very lucky to have been born as I am and in this time. Anywhere else at any other time and I (we) would be either suffering more than we can fathom, or we would be dead. Heavy stuff to think about on New Year's Eve, but I think it is appropriate, because it is these thoughts that make me feel gratitude and at peace. So I may be physically alone tonight, just me and my dog, but I have the company and comfort of good friends, a loving family and abundance on so many levels. So, I will not lament the things of the past year that I cannot control, but have gratitude for what has happened and strive to make my life better in 2017 in the hopes that it will ripple out and impact other lives in a meaningful way.

If it were not for the positive and hopeful actions of others, I would not have had the honor of receiving two wonderful gifts this year. One is the van I received last January (see former post) and the other was the amazing opportunity to travel to Maui for 3 weeks. A dear friend funded the opportunity to travel there to train in a specialized Neuro rehab as well as experience the beauty and healing powers of the island. I worked two intensive hours 5 days a week and on my days off I was able to body board once, dip my body in the sea next to a sea turtle, watch a never ending sunset atop a magical crater at 10,000 feet, and face off on anxieties and fears that had been plaguing me for
several years.
surfing in maui
I came back from that trip with a renewed desire to keep striving to be stronger, both physically and mentally, so I can find relief from the pain, fatigue and anxieties that holds me back.

Several infections weakened me considerable this year, and making a comeback requires more physical therapy than I have been able to afford these past few years. I have received such an embarrasement of generosity that I honestly feel guilty and ashamed to seek out more in the way of funding, but I know people will only give if they are able and if they believe I deserve it. Maybe I don't, and I can accept that. Either way, I will always be grateful for the belief in me that has fueled my recovery until now. If you are interested -donations can be made to HelpHopeLive.

Whatever 2017 has in store for me-for us- I will do my best to always seek out the grace in whatever situations I encounter and I invite you to do the same.

Love and blessings for a peaceful New Year.
-Cynthia
Swimming in Maui


No comments: